It was hard to narrow it down to ten, but here we go…
1. Cuddle. I love Saturday mornings, when they are both warm and still a little sleepy and clamber up into my lap. They are definitely a lap-full. We all snuggle under a blanket in the recliner and watch cartoons. For about 15 minutes. Then they’re just too wiggly or hungry or something. But it’s great while it lasts!!
2. Read. Songbird will bring me a book and very clearly say, “Read book”, in a tone that means business. (This is a sly opportunity for more cuddles for me!) I don’t read to Jet so much anymore, but I love, love, love that he will see me reading and go get a book for himself. Then we read together in the quiet… I’m so glad that he’s developed a love of reading!
3. Cook. Jet and Songbird have both been my sous chefs in the kitchen, and, while it can sometimes be frustratingly slow, it’s something that they both love. Songbird is often more help than I know what to do with!
4. Tickle. There’s nothing like big belly laughs from my kids to make my day better!!
5. Pray. Hearing Jet’s little voice asking and thanking God for things that are important to him… it gives me goosebumps sometimes. Songbird doesn’t pray with real words yet, but she folds her hands and bows her head and babbles, and finishes with a firm “Amen”, complete with head-nod. Too cute!
6. Color. I just love to color in coloring books – it’s really stress-relieving! Sometimes I get them to color just because I want to.
7. Go to the park. The being outside and being loud and running around is just good for them. I love to watch them have fun!
8. See and experience new things. We’ve done quite a bit of this together in New Jersey – going to the beach, into NYC, and all sorts of other stuff. We’ll be doing plenty more since Knight is planning to make a career out of the Army!
9. Kiss on them. They’re just so sweet! When Jet was little, I could get him to give me all sorts of kisses – on both cheeks, then my chin, my forehead, ears… and then I’d return the favor. He’ll still do it now, sometimes… But Songbird kisses very.. umm… enthusiastically. It’s fun!
10. Watch them sleep. They’re just so peaceful. And quiet.
Want more great Top Ten Lists? Head over to Oh, Amanda and join in!