I’m starting a weekly-ish post to let you know what I’ve been reading around the interwebs. StumbleUpon provides a fantastic way to while away the hours, if you’re looking for something to do… and sometimes even if you’re not.
Things I want to make:
- Knight will be thrilled to learn how to make foamy milk without a steamer for cappucinos (though probably more thrilled if I’d do it for him).
- I’ve made hummus before, with not-so-stellar results. Maybe Ina Garten’s recipe will be better.
- I’m always looking for new ways to get protein at breakfast. While I’m a little scared of tofu, this smoothie recipe at Curvy Girl Guide has me thinking I’ll try it.
Things I want to do:
- I don’t have a cast iron skillet, but am planning to rectify the situation soon. The nerd in me loved this explanation of the chemistry of cast iron seasoning and now I know how to do it right.
- Knight and I have a fairly good handle on our money situation, but there’s always room for improvement.
Things that make me laugh:
- If you don’t yet know the hilarity that is Cake Wrecks, get yourself over there pronto. And be prepared to lose some time…
- Miss Doxie writes truly laugh-out-loud accounts of her life in the south with her doggies. When I first found her site, I burned several hours reading straight through her archives. It’s funny stuff!